Human Rights Policy
HMS supports the protection of human rights around the world. While our employees perform healthcare information technology and related services in the United States, our commitment to human rights is much broader. It extends to circumstances where we may interact with vendors, suppliers and customers spanning a variety of industries and geographic locations. These commitments are woven into the fabric of our core values and are further described in our Code of Conduct and other applicable policies and procedures.
Learn more about the HMS Human Rights Policy
Our commitment to learning and development is an integral part of our corporate culture, starting at the top of the organization and extending throughout all levels of the organization. We strive to attract, develop and retain the best talent by offering a robust catalog of learning opportunities to shape leaders ready to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Learn more about HMS Professional Development
Labor Rights Policy
At HMS we are committed to the rights of our workforce to work in a safe, healthy and productive workplace. We are dedicated to investigating, addressing and responding to the issues and concerns of our employees and to taking appropriate corrective action in response to any violation.
Learn more about the HMS Labor Rights Policy
HMS Holdings and all of its subsidiaries (HMS) recognizes the importance of minimizing the environmental impact of our business operations. We are committed to conduct our business in an environmentally responsible manner and comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements. The goal is to create and maintain an environmental management system (EMS) that will raise awareness at all levels of the company and continually improve our environmental performance.
To deliver this policy HMS will:
- Maintain an EMS that aligns with ISO 14001 and apply the EMS to all business operations.
- Ensure our business operations comply with all local, state, and federal environmental regulations.
- Promote energy efficiency in all areas of business activity.
- Minimize pollution and waste by proactively promoting reducing, reusing, and recycling programs.
- Ensure employees and business partners are aware of the environmental impacts of their work activities and encourage them through regular awareness and training to minimize those impacts.
- Inform our suppliers and contractors of our environmental expectations and give preference to environmentally aware suppliers whenever possible.
- Make efficient and environmentally responsible use of energy, water and other natural resources.
- Communicate our environmental performance both within the company and to the external community.